There are at least six artists known as The Shoes. Not listed are artists called Shoes.
1) The Shoes are an electro duo from Reims, France and you could say they are France’s answer to Calvin Harris. They feature Guillaume and Benalways. Debut album ‘Crack My Bones’ was released on Green United Music in 2011 and features a number of guest appearances including Esser, CocknBullKid and Wave Machines. They're certainly well connected having produced a couple of tracks for Shakira’s new album and remixed the likes of Ladyhawke, Marina and the Diamonds and Golden Silvers.
2) The Shoes were a Dutch beat/pop group in the 1960s and 1970s. Founded in Zoeterwoude as The White Shoes (1963) and fronted by Theo van Es, their biggest Dutch chart hits include Na na na (#6 in 1967) and Don't You Cry For A Girl (#5 in 1968). The group split up in 1971, but had a second life from 1973 onwards, until vocalist Theo van Es started a solo career as Theo Vaness in 1978. The Shoes re-united several times in the 1980s. More information: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shoes
3) The Shoes is a one man act from a sleepy town in the Okefenokee Swamp in the United States. The music includes hip hop, electronica, folk, blues and circuit bent instruments made by The Shoes himself.
4) The Shoes is an indie acoustic project from Ribeirão Preto from São Paulo, Brazil.
5) The Shoes are an Italian psychedelic/blues/hard rock band. Their self-titled album was released on Go Down Records.
6) The Shoes are a duo from Ohio who make acoustic, experimental, lofi, folkpunk