There are, at least, two artists known as Hardsoul.
1) An electronic rap group, from Bielefeld, Germany. They released their debut CD "Die Ghettos müssen Verrückt sein" in 2009.
2) A house duo, from the Netherlands.
- Roog (real name Rogier van Bueren) started buying records at the tender age of 7 years late 70’s. Thru out the 80’s he started playing at school parties, birthday parties and weddings.
- At the beginning of the 90’s he fell in love with house music…the music that he heard while clubbing in Amsterdam’s legendary clubs Roxy and It.
- Roog has graduated from law school with a specialisation in Intellectual Property.
- Roog has been voted number 1 house dj of Holland last 3 years by Dutch Magazine; Bassic Groove, was voted most popular club dj of Holland 2004 by Nieuwe Revu Magazine and was the highest ranked house dj in the Dutch Dj Award poll of 2003 and 2004.
- Roog is playing an astonishing average of 225 gigs a year in and outside Holland.
- Roog played main stage at Sensation in the Ajax Soccer stadium to 40.000 people in 2001, which was broadcasted live by TMF and radio 538. This event brought him, from well known in the underground house scene, to the Dutch DJ super league.
- Roog has compiled 7 cd’s till date. The sound of Love and Dedication (United/Zomba, 2000) was the first compilation under his own name and was critically acclaimed by Dutch audiences as well as Dutch music press. The follow up was released in 2003 on his own Hardsoul Pressings label and became one of the biggest selling house compilations of 2003.
- Roog has a monthly slot on Radio 3 (Holland's Radio 1) which has an average of 350.000 listeners
- Roog holds a residency in New York's hottest club Cielo (which was voted no1 club in the US in the Dancestar Awards)
- Roog teamed up with legendary Dutch producer Olav Basoski for a two track E.P. on Olav’s Rootz label. The record went to the number 1 position in the Dutch Dance Chart.
- Defected asked Roog (Hardsoul) to join their international Defected In The House tour that brought him to a.o. London, Ibiza, Laussane (Switzerland), Tallin (Estonia) and Edinbrough