Bob Marley and The Wailers
Bob Marley and the Wailers (BMW) was a Jamaican reggae band 1974-1981) lead by Rastafarian Bob Marley (1945-1981) when Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer left the old band, The Wailers. BMW, consisted of Marley himself as song writer and lead singer, 6-7 regular musicians in Wailers Band and the I Threes backup female vocalists. It is the most prosperous reggae band ever with +75 million record sales, known for songs like One Love, I Shot The Sheriff, Natural Mystic. Stir It Up, No Woman No Cry, Exodus and Get Up Stand Up.
The band included Carlton Barrett on drums – Aston "Family Man" Barrett bass – Junior Marvin and Al Anderson on lead guitar – Tyrone Downie and Earl "Wire" Lindo on keyboards – Alvin "Seeco" Patterson on percussion. The I Threes, consisted of Bob Marley's wife Rita Marley, Judy Mowatt and Marcia Griffiths.
Often, usually for marketing purposes, Bob Marleys name alone, or the name Bob Marley and the Wailers, are used indiscriminately to refer to recordings made before 1974, during reggae, rocksteady and ska eras, made by The Wailers (Marley, Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer (real name: Neville Livingston)) with different accompaniment musicians.
DISCOGRAPHY (Island Records / Tuff Gong) – studio albums and live albums
P o s t h u m o u s l y :
* 1983 – Confrontation – studio album
* 1991 – Talkin' Blues (rec 1973 och 1975) – live album
* 2003 – Live at the Roxy (rec 1976) – live album
* 2011 – Live Forever (rec 1980) – live album
* 1984 – Legend
* 1986 – Rebel Music
* 1995 – Natural Mystic: The Legend Lives On
* 2001 – One Love: The Very Best of Bob Marley & The Wailers
* 2005 – Gold
* 2005 – Africa Unite: The Singles Collection
* 2011 – Live Forever: The Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA, September 23, 1980 – live album
* 2013 – Legend: Remixed – 2 CD + 1 DVD
ALBUMS by the reggae band THE WAILERS (Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer, Aston Barrett, Carlton Barrett on Island Records)
*1973 – Catch a Fire
*1973 – Burnin'